This policy explains how we use any personal information you provide to us, what you can expect from us and what we need from you in relation to your personal data. Please read this carefully as this policy is legally binding when you use our services.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection regulations, Artesyn Biosolutions Ireland Ltd. (“Artesyn”) is the “data controller” of your information. We are located at Six Cross Roads, Kilbarry, Waterford, X91 YR27, Ireland. Our registration number is 564275. If you have any questions about how we protect or use your data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How do we protect your personal information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and use a secure server to store your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We restrict access to your personal information to those employees of Artesyn who have a business reason for knowing such information.
We do copy and distribute your data within our IT infrastructure for backup and processing needs, but at all times data submitted to us is flagged and processed in the way following the principles laid out in this document.
2. Information we may collect from you
2.1 The information you give us:
You may give us information about you when you subscribe to receive our communications via email and/or social media channels, participate in social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, meet with us in person, use our guest-WIFI at our offices or leave us your business card.
The information you give us may include:
- Company and/or private address, including country of residence
- E-mail address
- Work and/or private phone number
- Company name
- Your communications with Artesyn
- The IP address and related geolocation information of your device used to send data to the Artesyn website.
You do not have to provide this personal information, but if you don´t we may not be able to communicate with you in certain ways.
2.2 Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties who have obtained your permission to share your information with us or who need to share your information with us and may receive information about you from them.
For example, business partners may provide us with your contact information to the extent described in section 2.1.
- 3. Cookies
- Some cookies will be deleted automatically from your device as soon as you leave the website (so-called session cookies). Other cookies will be stored for a specific period of time that cannot exceed 2 years in each case (persistent cookies).
Google Analytics' third-party cookies are addressed in the next paragraph.
4. Google Analytics
5. Uses made of the information
We will use your personal information in a number of different ways, depending on the type of information provided:
- To notify you about the changes to our communication channels and participation at events,
- To administer our business and for internal operations, including data analysis, statistical and survey purposes,
- To improve our operations and to ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner,
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the communications we send your way and to deliver relevant communications,
- To provide you with information about other similar goods and services on offer,
- To send you marketing promotions, offers and events by email, post or phone,
- To process and manage your appointments with us,
- To process orders made by you in our e-store,
- To contact you regarding your orders or service requests,
- To allow you access to our WIFI services at our premises.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Affiliates, business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
7. Where we store your personal data
8. Sharing your data outside of the EEA
In order to provide our services to you, it may sometimes be necessary for us to transfer your data to third parties outlined in section 4 that are based outside of the EEA. In these cases, we ensure that both ourselves and our partners take adequate and appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect your data. We also ensure we have appropriate contractual protections in place with these third parties.
9. Data Retention
We may retain copies of your personal data longer within our infrastructure within data backups to ensure continuity of our business and information systems. Those copies will not be used for any of the uses mentioned in 3.1, but will only be used for the restoration of related information systems. In case of doubt, we may contact you to update your consent in case such restored data might be needed for other uses.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for satisfaction of any legal, accounting, or marketing requirements.
10. Your rights
You have the right to ask us to not contact you for marketing purposes or use your personal data in any other way by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data available to Artesyn and to request the correction of any personal information. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org about such request.
You have the right to ask us to delete your data when it is no longer necessary. While we might not be able to delete all copies of your data we will disable access to that data and ensure it will never be used for communications and marketing. We will also retain copies of your personal data as required by legislation. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com about such a request.
Please note, that certain services provided by Artesyn (such as e-store, service desk and similar) require the usage of your personal data and without your consent, Artesyn may not be able to provide such services to you.
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. How to stop marketing messages from Artesyn
10.1 You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time
For email marketing click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive
For phone and direct mail - you can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
10.2 It might take some time for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we fully process your request, but we will ensure that we mark you as having opted out of our database as soon as we receive your request.
If you feel that we have not addressed your questions or concerns adequately, you may make a complaint with:
The Data Protection Commissioner. You can find more information here.